3 stycznia 2019 14:59
What is email netiquette?
3 stycznia 2019 15:01
While there are about 281 billion of emails, send daily, a majority of them is not following on the rules of netiquette. Internet etiquette (Netiquette for short) is an unofficial set of rules on how to behave politely while using internet, emails or chatrooms. Marketing emails are especially when it comes to following those rules.
Here are some of the email netiquette rules you should follow if you want to make a better impression on customers and business partners.
- Ask for permission before mailing
- Write clearly and concisely, preferably in bullet points
- Write in short paragraphs
- Always use spell check
- Always provide contact information
- Make sure your subject line matches with the email content
- Before sending, make sure your emails look good on mobile too
- Always give an “unsubscribe” option in your emails.
- Remember about segmenting your list and personalizing content
- Sent a relevant, useful, witty content for your customers.
- Send an email with errors or badly formatted
- Don’t address your customers with incorrect names (don’t laugh, you have no idea how often it happens when you send emails in bulk!)
- Write in caps
- Use more than one exclamation mark
- Use overcomplicated fonts or very bright font colors
- Include broken links
- Write too long emails or write nothing except “Buy our product.”
- Buy email lists
- Spam your customers
- Mail people after they requested to be removed from your mailing list