How to choose effective CTA?
23 de Febrero de 2019 a las 16:09
The call to operate on the website has many functions - it indicates to the user important information, encourages to perform a specific action, and ultimately may contribute to increasing profits in the company. Currently, each website (regardless of whether it is an online store or a company domain) must have CTA buttons. We advise how to create them.
CTA can take various forms - an underlined text, a graphic button or an icon that, by its appearance, unequivocally suggests to the user what will happen after clicking.
When creating effective CTA, you should focus on:
- To increase the effect, you can put two CTAs in the content: at the beginning and at the end of the text as a reminder.
- From the very beginning, it was known that the call to action is clickable. Do it by increasing the size of the CTA font, underlining the text (as suggested by the hyperlink) and changing its color, or by using a graphic button with the appropriate content inside.
- It should have striking, contrasting colors or a clearly defined border. In addition, the surrounding of the button with a clear, free space will increase its visibility.
- It is a good practice to use the singular phrase in the button in the first person, ie, for example, "Enter" instead of "Enter". Applying this practice in CTA can increase clickthroughs by up to 90%!
- The CTA must immediately inform the recipient where it will be directed or what will happen after clicking (eg Download a free ebook). This form works much better than the enigmatic "Click here".
- It must be of the right size, adapted to the different size screens on which it will be displayed.
The call to operate on the website has many functions - it indicates to the user important information, encourages to perform a specific action, and ultimately may contribute to increasing profits in the company.