How to create a value proposition?
Feb. 25, 2019, 9:52 a.m.
A strong value proposition is one of the most important conversion factors. It is the first thing your visitors should see on your website. It must tell people how your offer can solve their problems, what benefits they can expect and why should they buy from you.
What should include the perfect value proposition?
- Eye-catching headline — it must be concrete and simply show visitors one biggest benefit of your offer. This should be easy to remember and exciting line that makes you stand out.
- Short subheadline -This is the place for a detailed (but not too wordy) explanation of your product or service and who can be its ideal recipient.
- Bullet points — List of 3 to 5 the most relevant features and benefits that can impact your perfect customer.
- Strong visual elements- you should add some short video or image that highlight your message and awakens visitors’ imagination.
5 steps on creating an effective value proposition:
1. Get to know your competition — this is a crucial step if you want to stand out from your competition and offer something new value to your customers. Without knowing the competitor’s offer, you won’t create an effective message.
2. Get to know your audience — do the research and analyze what your target needs and what product/offer benefits would work for them. Make a list of all the benefits.
3. Identify people’s problems and concerns — You must know them if you want to make an accurate solution to these problems.
4. Link these benefits with the values of your offer — try to identify what values your product/offer bring to your customers and fulfill their needs and solve their problems.
5. Distinguish yourself as the perfect help and values provider — explain why does your offer help them and how do you stand out from your competitors.