Jan. 28, 2019, 12:39 p.m.
How to audit a website for better SEO and conversions?
Feb. 1, 2019, 3:26 p.m.
SEO audit of the site allows you to quickly identify problems and fix them, so as not to lose positions in the search results. In this article, you will learn about the technical audit, page optimization, competitor analysis, assessment of behavioral factors and the semantic core, and other features.
Why your site needs a conversion optimization audit. Most attempts to increase conversion fail because people try to copy good practices from other resources. As long as the "best practices" are not tested against your audience, they are useless. If you poke your finger in the sky to improve the conversion, this is unlikely to lead to a positive result. Decision? Audit conversion. A full audit of your website and traffic sources is needed to find the reasons that sabotage the increase in conversion. The conversion optimization audit determines why visitors do not become consumers, and corrects this.
Audit includes a whole list of works on site evaluation from the point of view of SEO, during which the following indicators are revealed:
- page loading speed,
- interface operability,
- credibility, trust and position in the rankings,
- content: uniqueness, informative, optimized;
- the correctness of the tags;
- positions on key key issues, with and without regional factors;
- the number of internal and external links, their relevance, the correctness of anchors;
- availability of registration in catalogs;
- site traffic and user behavior,
- traffic sources and their performance indicators, etc.
In addition, an analysis of competing sites superior to the site may be carried out in order to identify differences in promotion policies. As a result, you get a complete picture of optimizing your resource and advertising effectiveness. This allows you to abandon the costly and not profitable campaigns, change the strategy of SEO-promotion.