How to set it up?
Here is how you can do it:
- Log in to your User.com app
- Go to App Settings Segment.io API keys
- Generate a key and copy it
- Go to https://app.segment.com/<YOURACCOUNTNAME>/destinations/catalog/userengage
- Click Configure User.com
- Choose the data source and confirm it
- Paste the Segment API key from User.com
Those few clicks will make User.com integrated with your website via Segment snippets.
Segment.io is sending user_id for each record what makes each user from the integration a contact to pay for. To avoid being billed for users who otherwise would be anonymous, you have to manually remove the user_id from them before your subscription is renewed.
Please note after removing user_id the user will no longer be recognized if he visits your website again, and a new user will be created.